The Executive Functions Development Stimulation Programme is an attractive alternative to traditional forms of therapy and support of the child’s development. The programme has evolved on the basis of an innovative concept of the work with a child described as the Integration of Executive Functions, that focuses on resources of the child (in the area of the closest development), not the deficits. The teacher or a therapist does not teach and provide ready solutions, but instead they stimulate a child to seek for their own solutions.
The Executive Functions Development Stimulation Programme, together with the use of an interactive floor (as an impressive stimulus) creates several opportunities for the environment and surrounding creation. Thus, children in their own pace and independently are capable of discovering, setting targets, planning, learning on their own mistakes, and first and foremost playing with others targeting their activities and developing key and basic skills, namely executive functions.
The skills that are developed and practiced during classes using the programme are as follows:
- Inhibition – the ability to inhibit impulsive reactions and emotions, segregating coming information, thanks to which the behavior becomes selective
- Focusing and concentration – the ability to focus on the task provided despite interference and disturbing stimuli
- Commencing activities – the ability to start an activity without further ado, effectively and in a predetermined time frame
- Working memory – temporary information storing in order for its further processing, memorizing and recalling of tips, and levels of an activity. It also enhances the ability to use earlier experiences in order to manage a present situation.
- Targeting and prioritizing – setting targets, planning further activities, the ability to determine important-from-the-point-of-task information and determining where the focus should be put
- Organizing – the systems ordering and segregating information, stuff, space and time (time management), organizing and supervising of activities
- Cognition flexibility – the ability to adjust your own activities to a particular situation, flexible adaptation to the environment requirements, the ability to perceive things from a new perspective
- Ability to use feedback information – the change of behavior and activity resulting from our reactions to others and others reacting to us, the purpose of feedback information is delivering knowledge about the behavior and activity of the recipient.
- Metacognition – the ability to realize your own emotions, creating generalizations about yourself and the world around, comprehension of your own mental processes, the ability to perceive yourself from the perspective
The Executive Functions Development Stimulation Programme is intended to be used in:
- Education (children of 3 to 6 years old and early education kids with special educational needs)
- Therapy: children with the impairment of cognitive functions, children with concentration and focus impairment, children with attitude problems and hyperactivity disorders, autistic children and alike and children with a mild and light form of mental disabilities.
The Executive Functions Stimulation Programme is a great tool designed for kindergartens, schools, psychological and pedagogical clinics, early child development and support centers. The programme has a therapeutic value. Diagnostic measures and sheets have designed to monitor the effects of the therapies, used by a certified therapist1.
The package "The Executive Functions Development Stimulation" contains 25 games of different levels of difficulty.